Tuesday, January 11, 2011

IT'S NOT A WIG...


Came across these photos taken last summer in my download folder... Ya know, photographers are like magicians, well magicians teamed with amazing hairstylist, make-up artist and wardrobe stylist, AKA the glam squad. My friend Jeff King is one of those photographers, he had called me and asked me if I wanted to do a test shoot... where we just kinda dress up and play around with different looks, of course I said yes! We got some great shots... among them were these "FRO" shots. I kinda love 'em and was kinda thinking it would be fantastic to rock that hair all the time. Ya know how I love big hair. And yes it's actually my real hair, and no I didn't even have to cut it, and my hair is naturally curly but not that curly, the stylist was amazing, she used these little heat clamps (that I wish I could find) after she rolled my hair into little pin curls, let them sit for five minutes and walah... I had a frolicious hair-do for days...

oh and it's crazy how much my face looks like Kaylene in these photos. Kaylene is my mama...

20 comments:

  1. You could def. be a model! (if ya wanted..lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooooke, you're way pretty. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, you do look like Kaylene! This is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I LOVE that HAIR! and these shots, they are soooooo great! you ROCK that fro :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so different here lol. But you always look pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! Love your hair like that. :) The last picture is just great. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hair! haha! First thought: Farrah Fawcett

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! as soon as i saw the pic on facebook i thought - omg - she looks like her mom! which is not a bad thing at all, btw...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes indeedee, you are your mama's girl!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you so rock the big hair, brooke. i'm a big supporter of big hair. ;) i also love all the green in these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. its super cute! my hair is naturally curly but it doesn't look that pulled together. what a talented stylist. if you find the heat clamps please share :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. uber cute. if u find out the name of those heat clamps definitely post, please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am lucky my wife lets me be your fan (of course, I let her buy all the David Archuleta CDs).

    ReplyDelete
  14. also. it super looks farrah fawcetty.maybe i spelled that wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Brooke. I never comment on blogs but you are just too adorable. We met briefly a long time ago through Summer ( I worked on ELIZA with her in the beginning )- I think we both sang with our guitars in a someone's backyard? Anyway- kudos for pursuing your dreams with passion and grace. You clearly have oodles of talent and should be doing what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brooke; I would like to see your hair longer with a Rosie Vela look. http://twitpic.com/3qfoh8

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally unrelated to this post, but I love your voice. I just found http://www.realbrookewhite.com/ and that's how I found you here. Your voice is "happy" and I can't ever get enough happiness!

    By the way, your hair is cute all curly. Reminds me of mine when I was little LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hair looks freaking sweet! Mine is super fine, so I doubt I could ever rock the 'fro here...

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete