Monday, October 10, 2011

THE ARTIST SERIES...

"What advice or suggestions would you give to an aspiring Artist?" is a frequently asked question, and a loaded one at that. Welp, truth be told I don't have the answers, if I did I'd be Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga, or maybe I would have found success faster... or at least more of it...  but what I do have is my own experience and more of it then sometimes I acknowledge... and a level of success I can be grateful for... maybe at moments content with, but not complacent with... I never will be. So what I hope to share with you is my own personal insight based upon my own personal journey along this windy path of dream chasing...
found via pinterest

I have been thinking about this post for quite some time... it was particularly prompted at the start of the summer as I was approached on the issue on my facebook page by a few girls that were looking to try out for American Idol... Well they didn't make it, as most don't... they were discouraged and disappointed, feeling  rejected (first tip: get used to the feeling) and wondering what to do next... Again, I'm not sure I have the answer, but I have some ideas, and I told them I would post a blog about it, so as promised, here we go. Seeing as I have been working at this thing for nearly a decade now (wow), this post could get long, too long, therefore I have decided to break it up into a series of posts over the next few months:

1.) THE GOODS: Talent, Desire, Identity
2.) DEVELOPMENT: you've got the goods, make them gooder
3.) THE SONGS: Your strongest asset
4.) THE STAGE: Prove it.
5.) ROLLER COASTER: Enduring the emotional ride
6.) WHAT DO YOU WANT: Expectations and Realities
7.) WORK WHILE YOU WAIT: The art of Proactive Patience
8.) GETTING OUT THERE: Find your audience and your opportunities
9.) GETTING SERIOUS: Time for management, label, attorney etc. It's about relationships...
10.) KEEP GOING: Remember, you love it!

First post up tomorrow: The Goods



6 comments:

  1. I'm very glad you're Brooke White, not Lady Gaga. You rock (both literally and figuratively) just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very looking forward to this series of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice of you Brooke to share your experience. Looking forward to your series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to be a 'Taylor Swift' to be successful-I love who and what you are, Brooke White--you are the VERY BEST in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Taylor Swift and I have my moments of liking Lady Gaga, but I absolutely fell in love with your voice and your gift the first time I heard it. there is only one Taylor Swift and one Lady Gaga and one Brooke White but that's just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete