Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LOST AND FOUND... AGAIN

This little dude had nearly the whole neighborhood on a wild chase today. Same lost doggy character from yesterday's blog post. Long story long, the dog that we found roaming the street yesterday, slithered under the fence and ran away leaving me in the dust, as I bolted after his small swift frame till he was no longer in sight. I went into a panic as I watched the busy street bustling with speeding cars. Another neighbor hopped in his car and made laps around the block trying to find him and scoop him up and bring him back, but to no capture.

After calling my friend who is a professional animal rescuer, she told me to heat up some chicken, so I found some left overs from the Memorial Day BBQ, warmed it up in the microwave and then sliced it up and put it on a little paper plate on the front porch in hopes that he would be lured by the aroma... with in the hour I saw his tiny head peak around the corner, a little too excited I jumped up and down and tried to get him to come down the driveway, only to scare him away again:(

An hour later I got a knock at the door, it was my neighbor with the pup in her arms. I brought him inside and placed him in a large kennel where he whimpered and shook with fear for a solid hour, He didn't seem too inclined to want to come near me. After trying to win him over with a few doggy treats, he began to slowly warm up to me and lick my hand. By the end of the day I had taken him outside to play with the ball, and he nearly attacked me with excitement and jumped about as high as my shoulder as I tossed the ball to him. I'm pretty sure he's just a young pup, not even two...

Just a few hours ago my friend from BEST FRIENDS came to pick him up to take him to his new foster home where he could run and play with a few other dogs. I have to say, I had already begun to be attached to this little rascal. He cuddled up to me and didn't want to get back in the kennel, and quite honestly I didn't really want him to get back in the kennel either... it kinda broke my heart. I wanted to keep him, but knew that right now we would be unable to give him the love and attention that a dog truly needs and deserves. I have been wanting a dog for quite a while, but living the music life requires one to be here, there and everywhere, and that makes it tricky right now. You know, there are few additions to the family that I'd like to make... something to look forward to... someday:)

Until then I will sleep well tonight, knowing that theres one less lonely dog roaming the streets of the Valley of San Fernando.

PS- I wrote this post while watching yet another intense episode of 24, so I apologize for any random references to Jack Bauer, nuclear distruction, or anything that is slightly non-sensical and or ungrammatical-ish. A Multitaskin', 24 obsessin', dog rescuin' fool I am... Oh, and animal rescue runs in the family really, my mom was once a professional snake wrangler , and by once, I mean she had to pick up a snake and put it back in it's cage this one time, and by professional I mean, she has a business card "Kaylene White- Snake Wrangler" it's legit. It's a wonderful story about Kaylene that perhaps deserves it's own blog post. Until then I need to call it a night, i'm gettin' loopier then usual...

PSS- President Palmers wife is not a good person... no bueno

13 comments:

  1. Yayy!! Glad you found Mr. Puppy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news, i'm glad it was a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... Thanks for rescuing the puppy! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am SUCH a dog lover... so it warms my heart that this little guy has found a home, thanks to you guys. stray pups make me so sad, i wish i could rescue them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad he came back and that you were able to help in getting him to a good home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you found him.When I was little,my grandmother sent away my cat because she thought he was a trouble.And unfortunately I never saw him ever after.I was sad for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a cutie...thanks so much for helping him out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can you not fall in love with that face? Everytime I visit the pet store, I always want to take a puppy home. Glad you were able to find a good home for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you found the pup!!
    Did you watch this last season of 24? What did you think if you did?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you refound the puppy!

    I don't know if you remember baby Graham, you're smallest biggest fan?

    Graham turns 11 months old tomorrow and still LOVES you. I have several videos of him watching videos of you on youtube etc.

    He loves most all your music, but Be Careful still calms him like nothing else. Even when he's screaming.

    You have always been my favorite Idol, but Graham takes it to a new level. We say he's already into blondes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. shelter dogs always seem to have an unwavering loyalty to their owners/mom/dad. This guy just needs to find that special home to take care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you know you can create short urls with Shortest and earn money from every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete